what is community trade
I recorded the questions and answers of interview,and took pics of the presentation.
Key thing seam to be Body shop sharing its resources with other companies such as Neals Yard,for sesame seed oil production,for the benefit of the supplier. This benefits body shop because it means the supplier/grower Isnt completely dependent on Bodyshop for business and if the were not to repeat an order,they would not be putting whole village/community out of business.
They have 30 suppliers in 22 countries and 25,000 people employed through that. The Cocoa Butter form Ghana, that I focused on along with Morenga,they share with Divine Chocolate,and therefore increase business of Kuapa Cocoa co-perative.
There is more but will outline for document.
Thanks for sending back the completed questionnaire. I just wanted to clarify that the Body Shop representative will not be talking in the panel at the evening seminar, a separate event which is focusing on working with co-ops - details are on our website and online network. You will be able to ask her questions during the Q&A session and perhaps individually after the end of the panel discussion.
See you tomorrow,
Kind Regards,
Julia
On 20 Apr 2009, at 17:31, cloudia wrote:
> Dear Julia, and Ethical Fashion Forum,
> please find attached my completed questionaire for tommorow Master Class,
> I hope that my questions and content are relevant and can be answered,and look forward to the Class.
>
> Kind Regards
> Cloudia
No comments:
Post a Comment